The Resolve Divorce Process
Because we focus on what you need, even the cost of the process is guided by you.
Our divorce lawyers charge hourly rates and fixed fees.
After our initial meeting with you, we will present a proposal of fees designed to suit your specific needs with fixed fee options where possible and incentives.
Contact us and ask us how.
- All divorces are different, but the Resolve Divorce Process takes less time than litigated proceedings at Family Court.
- If we use meetings as our way to settle (which we think is the most efficient use of time and your money), then most are resolved within 3-5 meetings and the meetings will happen whenever you want them to. Sometimes there are good reasons why we have a break in between meetings, maybe to get valuations, maybe to see how the children are coping with a new arrangement, either way, the length of the process will depend on what you and your family need.
That is unlikely, but it can happen.
Then, we assist and guide you through the Court process until you achieve a resolution.
Then, we carefully work though what other options might be right for you and your situation; see our solutions page.
Of course we will. We will also advise you about the legal implications of the agreement you have reached and give you advice about issues you maybe haven’t previously contemplated, making sure your rights are totally protected.
- Family Relationship Advice Line:
- The Family Relationship Advice Line has a range of fact sheets and other information on family law services, including: children’s contact services; counselling; family dispute resolution; parenting orders program; post-separation cooperative parenting; and supporting children after separation.
- Phone: 1800 058 321
- Website: www.familyrelationships.gov.au
- Federal circuit court of Australia:
- The federal circuit court has many useful publications and information about family law that you may find helpful.
- Department of Human Services (Child Support) (DHS (CS)):
- DHS (CS) administers the Australian Government’s Child Support Scheme and helps parents take responsibility for the financial support of their children after separation.
- DHS (CS) has information available to support separated parents and their children. Some of the online booklets include the Me and My series:
- Me and my Kids—Parenting from a Distance
- Me and my Money—Practical money ideas
- What about Me?—Taking care of yourself
- Me, my Kids and my Ex—Forming a workable relationship for the benefit of your children, and
- Me and my Changing Family—Moving Forward.
- Go to www.humanservices.gov.au
- Department of Human Services (Centrelink):
- Centrelink can help with:
- Financial assistance
- Child care costs, and
- Finding a job.
- If you already receive a payment from Centrelink, you should contact them to advise of any changes to your circumstances to ensure you receive your correct entitlement.
- Ask for the booklet ‘Are you a parent or guardian?’ which provides information on payments and services available that you may be eligible for as well as your rights and obligations.
- To contact Centrelink or to order any of their free publications:
- Go to www.humanservices.gov.au or call 13 61 50
- Centrelink can help with:
- Kids Help Line
- You can download our free ebook.
- You can like Resolve Divorce on Facebook.
By liking us on Facebook you get to follow our journey through the divorce process, but at a distance. You get to see how we do things, who we are, what we look like and how we operate. Our matters are confidential, so you won’t see us promoting video testimonials of happy customers, but you will see that this is a process you need to get your matter Resolved. Try it.
- You can email us for more information
By emailing us your details and asking for some information, we can send you out an information pack with more information on the Resolve Divorce process to help with your decision making.
- You can contact us for a chat
Email us your contact details and one of our lawyers will call you for a confidential chat to see how we can help.